top of page
Pasha River, located near Topallı village of izmit, within boundaries of Bekirpaşa, was used as the sole water source of izmit from the Roman period onwards and fulfilled water requirement of the city beginning from the Nicomedian period. Remains of aqueduct and water conduits in the same region verify this information.
Since structure of the river mouth was changed and reformed by Gazi Süleyman Pasha, this river was given the name Pasha River. It is known that the river was reformed once more after the 1894 earthquake.
Click for other historical places
bottom of page